How to refund an advance for a contract
February 15, 2019

If you paid an advance for a contract, and the contractor did not start the work in a timely manner, or all the actions of the contractor indicate that they will not be done at the right time, or they may not be done at all, then you can refund your money but you must first terminate the contract.

Until the contract is terminated, the contractor retains the obligation to perform the works that are the subject of the concluded contract, and the Customer has the right to demand their proper completion.

This is what the Plenum of the Supreme Arbitration Court of the Russian Federation has repeatedly stated, including in the Resolution of 06.06.2014. No. 35, but this fact is often forgotten by lawyers when filing claims against unscrupulous contractors.

Today, an employee of our Law Office had once again helped the Principal refund an advance paid to a company that failed to fulfill its obligations to perform construction work.
The interests of the plaintiff were represented by an employee of our
Law office of Moscow "ZASCHITA" - Elena Viktorovna Tovkan.

Elena Tovkan
+7 (499) 490-47-42

117418, Moscow, st. Novocheremushkinskaya, 69